Helping tackle student Financial hardship
This March a team of Aston University staff will be taking on the Virtual Cambridge Half Marathon to raise money for the Forward Fund. Each year hundreds of alumni, staff and friends of Aston make donations to support our students and give them a level playing field. The Forward Fund puts these gifts to where the need is greatest.
One key area is access to online learning. Events of the past year have left many students without the part-time jobs they would normally rely on and struggling to afford the costs of the hardware and wi-fi required to learn remotely during the pandemic. Aston has already issued funds to over 150 students to help them buy new laptops and get online from home. By sponsoring us to run you can make sure even more students get the help they need to keep learning.
We are the aston Forwards!
We are a team of staff from different departments and faculties across Aston University. Some of us are mad keen for running, others noticeably less so, but together we are going to take on the RunTogether 2021 Virtual Cambridge Half Marathon.
There will be red faces, blisters and plenty of endorphins, as we attempt to accumulate as much mileage as we can throughout March, trying to push our way onto the leader's board.
- Sponsor us and you could receive one of our special rewards
- Just remember to tick the Reward box when you make your gift and once we've completed the challenge we'll send it out to you
Help us succeed!
- There are more ways to help us than just donating!
- Share us on social media and help let more people know about the challenge
- Use the social media buttons near the top of the page and get on our own leader's board for most clicks!