Enactus Aston are raising money for our incredible Give Project, but we need your help!
This project is helping to inspire and develop young adults with autism and visual impairments develop their entrepreneurial skills as well as general employability skills. The project is run by Enactus Aston, a social entrepreneurial society that aims to create a better, more sustainable world for us all. The project is headed by Zafirah Nurmamodo, a second year student who is passionate about equipping young disables adults with the skills they need to become entrepreneurs.
The Give Project is a career enabling project that will teach these young adults how to create products, sell them and become entrepreneurs. This project is broken down into three parts:
- Product creation – the students are producing Christmas crackers to sell at markets, online and to businesses. The crackers are made from recycled materials and will include personal notes from the students with a fact about themselves or their disability. This will provide insight into the manufacturing process involved in production.
- Selling the product – the crackers will then be sold through various platforms and partnerships. This will develop their understanding of sales and e-commerce, and gives them a chance to think about businesses operations and the elements need for distribution of goods.
- Personal development – from January, the project will focus on helping the students develop their CV’s, create cover letters and any other appropriate workshops they might like. This will help them when applying for jobs and boost their confidence.
Help us succeed!
• Any donation, no matter how big or small will help change someone’s life! Be a part of something amazing by contributing to this project.
• You don't need to give money to help us succeed! Please share this project with anyone you think would support us – on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, by email, telephone, in a chat over the fence or on your blog.
• In fact, share it with everyone you know as we think it's a great idea, and the more people who know about it, the more likely we are to make this work out brilliantly.
• And we know we said you don't need to give money to help us, but we'd love it if you did! Please sponsor us and help make this happen. For more information about The Give Project and Enactus Aston, please visit our website and follow us on social media: