Enactus Refugee Project
"We are a network of students, Academics and Business leaders working together to tackle social issues within our community by implementing life changing and meaningful projects whilst also helping our members gain the necessary skills and experience for a successful career" - We See Possibilities, Take Action and Enable Progress
ENtrepreneurial - the perspective to see an opportunity and the talent to create value from that opportunity;
ACTion - the willingness to do something and commitment to see it through even when the outcome is not guaranteed;
US - a group of people who see themselves connected in some important way; individuals that are part of a greater whole – Enactus Aston.
Through both social and commercial projects, we aim to harness students’ entrepreneurial spirit to make a difference in the Birmingham community and around the world. At Enactus Aston, we create enterprising solutions to the problems our local and international community face.
Enactus Aston members are involved in the planning, management and running of each project, with on-going training and support from experienced professionals. Our team consists of students from a broad range of degree courses. In the past, we have helped improve the confidence and skills of the most vulnerable in society. We are now working on multiple projects from reducing social isolation of the elderly, to helping Syrian refugees gain employment.
To find out more visit Enactus.org
Still don’t get what we do…
“Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, feed him for a lifetime”
Essentially, we help the most vulnerable in society help themselves!
Project - Chance For Change
This project seeks to provide essential employment skills to Syrian refugees and improve their socio-professional integration and employment opportunities within communities in Birmingham.‘Chance For Change’ is based around building and delivering a skills-enhancing programme (consisting of 4 interactive workshops) to a beneficiary group of local refugees, empowering them by helping them interactively build up their employability and entrepreneurial skills, culminating in the opportunity to receive work experience and/or employment from local businesses and social enterprises aiding them in employability, self-value, integration and confidence.
What the project will entail:
● Creating and delivering tutoring sessions/a programme to help participants acquire and improve their language and communication skills as well as develop a better idea of the culture and norms here. - £250
● Working with local/accessible groups/businesses, allowing the beneficiaries to learn/improve their enterprise skills, network and train within the Birmingham community, potentially with local social enterprises.
● Providing legal advice relevant for the refugees, covering topics such as employment laws and right.
● CV building workshop and interview preparation and practice. Targeting soft skills and improving the confidence of the refugees to undertake multiple formats of interviews.
● Phase two of the programme will involve working on a 1-1 basis with refugees ready to enter employment and sourcing opportunities and further training to develop their skills. - £300
To find out more visit our website: EnactusAston.com
Social Media Links: